Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Handmade Wedding Part II: Bridesmaid gifts!

so it's time for my next edition of my diy wedding - bridesmaid gifts!

of course, a gift made with my hands is much more from my own heart than something bought from a store. now, this may not be the case for you, but my friends know me well enough that it would have been weird for them to receive a gift that wasn't handmade (they have gotten many over the years, some a little too "creative" to be considered cool).

i decided to go a somewhat trendy route and made each of them a "wedding day survival kit". it consisted of:

a heart-felt thank you note :)
1 large tote beach bag (that i embellished with each girl's monogram)
1 bottle of watter
1 back of chips
1 granola bar
1 "airplane bottle" of their fave spirit
1 pair of flip flops
1 handmade makeup bag, containing: mouthwash, lip gloss, hand sanitizer, Q-tips, safety pins, bobbie pins, and lotion


i made each girl the make up bag in a color/pattern scheme that i knew they would love. i even made my friend P's with a remnant from the skirt i had made for when i stood in her wedding. ::tear::


the girls loved these, and i loved that i could give them something that i made with love :)

♥E

No comments:

Post a Comment