as you know, i got married recently, and we were very blessed to have received many beautiful gifts from our doting friends and family. we registered at both macy's and bed, bath, and beyond. i tell you this not because we have an incomplete registry (you know you've been stocking up on those bb&b 20% off coupons!) but because it leads into my weekend craft project for tootsweet.
"crafts??" you say, "but i thought tootsweet was about sewing purses and whatnot..??" well, my dears, it is. BUT being the recycling waste-not-want-not fool that i am, i saved ALL of the beautiful purple paisley swirly wrapping paper that our gifts came wrapped with, in hopes of doing something fabulous with it. (i mean, look at it, how could i not??)
and i came up with....BUBBLE MAILERS!! that's right, it's simple, it's easy, it's sooo pretty! and here's how you can do it at home too:
1) collect your supplies:
that's bubble wrap, spray adhesive, scissors, wrapping paper, and brown scrap paper to spray on (plus you should do this in a well ventilated area. i did it on my back lanai)
2) be sure to have a friend to pop the extra bubble wrap for you :)
3) cut a piece of bubble wrap approx. 16 inches by 24 inches. lay that out on the wrapping paper and cut the paper such that there is a one-inch perimeter around the bubble wrap.
4) spray the back side of the wrapping paper with the spray adhesive.
5) place the bubble wrap in the center of the wrapping paper. carefully press it down - don't pop any of the bubbles!
6) fold the paper/bubble wrap fusion in half, bonding three sides of the paper perimeter.
7) be sure to leave one side open so you can stuff it for mailing!
8) cut the edges flush for a cleaner look.
9) voila! cute and pretty REPURPOSED bubble mailers!
hope this help spark your creativity :)